Welcome to the Rob Lilwall online shop.
DVDs and signed books of both Cycling Home From Siberia and Walking Home From Mongolia are available exclusively here.
Walking Home From Mongolia
Walking Home From Mongolia continues from where Cycling Home left off. Rob is now married, and together with his wife has moved to live in the city of Hong Kong – their new home. But it is not long before Rob finds himself boarding another plane with only a one way plane ticket – this time heading for the wild lands of Mongolia. From there, he must set off to get home, but this time entirely on foot.
The 3,000 miles which took only six hours by plane will take him over six months. Together with his long-suffering cameraman, Leon, they will have to cross the Gobi Desert in winter, and then walk the entire length of Mainland China – with its ancient history, its vibrant people, its uncountable mountains, and its booming future.
Rob’s Walking Home From Mongolia book, and the DVD of the Nat Geo TV show will be released on 21st November 2013. They are available for pre-order now.
Cycling Home From Siberia
Cycling Home From Siberia, Rob’s first book, tells the story of his three-year bicycle ride from northeast Russia back to London, via Papua New Guinea, Tibet and Afghanistan. Along the way he camped at minus forty, was robbed at gunpoint, and hitch-hiked on boats across the sea.
I don’t know if Rob Lilwall knows it, but he has penned a two-wheeled classic.
Lilwall’s story is a remarkable one
If you’re a cyclist, and even if you’re not- go for this book.
Rob also self-filmed his expedition. The subsequent TV show, commissioned for TV by National Geographic, captures the rawness, the beauty and the hilarity of the epic adventure. Available on DVD exclusively from this website.
Place your order
To make an order, please use the form below. Prices include postage and packing, so please select the part of the world where you would like your order sent to, and use the drop down menu under each region. All books ordered through this website will be signed.
- Prices for combinations of products include discounts.
- Hong Kong orders are mailed from Hong Kong; all other orders are mailed from the UK.
- 5% of all profits from book sales will be donated to the children’s charity Viva.
- Walking Home From Mongolia books will be sent out on the week of November 21st 2013.
- All Walking Home From Mongolia orders before December 2013 will be signed first edition, first imprint books.
- Orders should arrive within one week for UK and HK orders, within 2-3 weeks for international orders.